26.6.08

I picked my way through the wreckage and realized that you're beautiful, in a roundabout sort of way.
Sober you up--this is where I stand now.
You threw your lemonade in my face months ago and now I'm kissing your bruises all better.
Whambamthankyouma'am and I can['t] get over this myself.
For once, I'd like to defy ourselves instead of defining ourselves, but I know that's wholly unattainable.
I thought about perception,
and then I thought about me,
and then I thought about you.
[must be a Tuesday]
This isn't about who you'll think it's about.
My battery just died a little bit more and I want outoutout.
All I want to see is the insides of my eyelids.
And maybe I should hate you for this,
But maybe it doesn't really matter.
Heartsstarsandclovers and I'm fallingfalling.
Four and twenty blackbirds,and I'm flying again.
I hate everything you do to make me feel at ease.
The silence is deafening
And I'm once again expressed by a series of
Ones (1)
And Zeros (0)
010010001000010000010000001
And on and on and on.
All I want to do
Is kiss your fingertips
And make you feel okay.
The more you talk about it, the more in love I fall,
But that may be a misleading pronoun.
Never ask, never tell.
Hold off your bets now.

No comments: