26.6.08

I am the initiative that tipped you over
I am the bursting vein in your throat and the creeping metallic taste on your tongue.
Exhausted and swollen,
shining and broken.
Trim the thicket of thorns around your ring finger.
It keeps your hand from the strings.
Leaves and glances furtively fall forwards.
Take counterclocwise baby-steps--there's only one left.

The lights and nights are as fake/bright
As the bite-sized breaths you take/fight.

runrunrun
[[THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT]]
I don't know which is worse, that it was there,
or that I never stood a chance.
'Please let me know,' but I never knew.
You only get one but some people never get it at all.

Wiggle my toes and dip them in and I'm gasping for air around your poor sweet suffocation.
There wil be no riding off into the sunset.
There will be no sunset.
[[THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT]]
I kick idly at the ground.
[[you're ohsodifficult sometimes all bated breath and twitching hands]]

This is not a universe with infinite possibilities.
We swim until we can't.
We run until the searing pain in our sides gets to be
just. too. strong.
And even the universe has a timer.

Forever is a very long time.
[[THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT]]
I'll show you what it really is.
That's not nearly as threatening as it should sound.
I bet you never looked at it that way
And every time I see him I taste poison
[[THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT]]
She screamed,
'Who am I,'
And I couldn't tell her a damned thing.

We worship warships
And remember embers.

No comments: