4.8.08

just a lie, i said, and watched you insist that that's all it was. just a lie, you stressed, and for once you didn't understand a single thing i was trying to tell you.


i'm repeating myself, at this point, but i'm making my point and i'm repeating everything you said out loud to my empty room.
i will write as if no one is reading this
and hope that it makes a difference.
ashes to ashes to all of us falling down
there are words and stanzas and i continue to drown
take your shoes and shine them
take diamonds and mine them
forever is too long,
especially when i'm just waiting for you to fall apart.
(do you get it?
do you?)
see i laid my fingers in the dish
cleaned them off
took a hot towel and wiped the mess around
we only drink soup from one side of the spoon
and my big canary yellow cobalt blue
ex-husband
ex-wife?
keeps clunking into the side of my bowl
please, excuse him
her?
she's so rude, talking over you like that
i'm like marie curie with the way i'm always trying to save everyone around me
and with this bread and water diet
i'll be passing out in no time
it's all the rage in paris.

kissing cousins versus killer queens versus kingdom come
vice versa
my biggest vice is your shortest verse
anything too long and i fall to shame
better make this quick

No comments: