1.2.09

why would you give that much of yourself?
it's an impossibility--i'm someone else
as i dangle the car keys in front of your eyes
"oh no, not today. that brake will be my demise."
my name's close to mary keychain on your heart
an instrument's a long way from making art
i'll hit the button (where's the god damned nurse?)
my televised contract soliloquy curse
i can't wait forever
i will taste it on your skin (your skin your skin)

hope kills me and keeps me alive like a drug like a drip like electricity running through my veins. i reek of the bright side. i draw castles in the air like they'll sweep me away, magic sulfuric fires of aspiration with a longing stench and a lethal, slow burn. it's telling how i can't tell you. this thing with feathers will torture me indefinitely.

for once i'm writing from someone else's perspective. empathy means none of these emotions were mine.

No comments: